Friday, December 3, 2010

Q & A: Keh'Uldav and the Drevnik

Let me start by making sure we are all on the same page.  When a "journal entry" is written, it is written from the perspective of Keh'Uldav (one of the characters in the book).  When a "Q & A" is written, I will be doing it as the author of the series answering questions.  Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

Q: Are you going to give more information or a description of who Keh'Uldav and his people, the Drevnik, are?

A: Yes and no.  Keh'Uldav plays a part in book one, as well as the rest of the story.  I don't want to give too much away, because I think finding out about him is part of the story as you read it.  What I can say is that he's powerful and old.  He's lived for over fifteen thousand years.  I won't say how and I won't really won't say anything else about him.  Maybe after book two is out I'll talk more about him.  His story is part of the legacy of the Drevnik that the series is titled after.  I don't want to give too much, because as I said finding out about him might take away from the story as you read it.

As far as the Drevnik are concerned, I've written that they were an ancient people.  They learned how to prolong their lives, and they dominated Tselestial.  They were very powerful manipulators of the elements, the magic system of the world of Mirr.  I'll explain the magic system in a later post.  I run into the same problem with the Drevnik as I do with Keh'Uldav.  I don't want to give too much away.  After reading book one you'll have a better understanding of the Drevnik.  Maybe not a complete knowledge, that will come later, but a better understanding.

Thanks for the question and I hope this helps somewhat.  For now, with only one book out I have to be careful what I do and don't say, because I don't want to ruin the story.  I'll answer any questions I can, and more "journal entry" posts will come.

No comments: